Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Africa Paper Topic

Post under your class -->

Here's a sample of what you should write:

I am interested in learning more about Ian Smith, the Prime Minister of Rhodesia from 1965-79 who apparently made it illegal to consider that Africans might have created the ruins at Great Zimbabwe. I think it's interesting to think about how the British turned over power to a small group of white people who continued to rule Rhodesia until 1980. I'm also interested in learning about how Robert Mugabe, the current leader of Zimbabwe, came to power. He's been in the news lately, with the contested elections in Zimbabwe, and I think that knowing more about Ian Smith would help me put Mugabe in context.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am interested in learning about important women in africa. this was a difficult topic to search, but after some directions from Mr. G. i decided to choose Wangari Maathai, who is the first african woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize. although i normally choose topic about women in general, Wangari Maathai seemed like a interesting topic and a nice change of pace, while still sticking to my original interest of women in different cultures.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.